FIRE EQUIPMENT AND PROTECTION SERVICING IN MELBOURNE
SURVEYS HAVE FOUND THAT OVER 85% OF FIRES COULD HAVE BEEN EXTINGUISHED PRIOR TO THE ARRIVAL OF THE FIRE TRUCK IF THE CORRECT FIRE PROTECTION EQUIPMENT HAD BEEN AVAILABLE.
FULL SERVICE INSPECTION AND MAINTENANCE OF ALL YOUR ESSENTIAL FIRE SAFETY NEEDS. (IN ACCORDANCE WITH AS1851 AND OH&S REQUIREMENTS)
- Fire Extinguishers: Every 6/months AS/1851.1-1995
- Hose Reels: Every 6/months AS/1851
- Blankets: Every 6/months AS/1851
- Hydrants: AS/1851-2005
- Exit & emergency light: Every 6/months AS/2393.2-1995
- Sprinklers service: to AS/2118.1
- Fire Doors: Monthly to AS/1851.7-1984
- Path of travle to Exit: BCA Section/D: Every 3/Months
- Smoke Alarms: Monthy 10 AS/1851-2005
- Fire ditectors and alarm syestem: Monthly to AS/1851-2005
- Occupant warning syestems: Monthly AS/1851-2005
- Evacuation disgrams: to AS/3745-2010
- Fire traning 4.3( Education and staff development) states: All staff should be skilled and knowledgeable in the processes involved in managing a fire, security or emergency risk, including an evacuation.
- Conduct fire safety inspections: provide reports that will meet your AESM compliance records,
- Provide emergency management training at all levels.
- Conduct evacuation drills, in the State, and interstate where required.
The manufacture of Fire blankets is governed by AS/NZS 3504
The Classification, Rating & Performance testing of Fire Extinguishers is outlined in AS1850
The Selection and Location of Fire Extinguishers and Fire Blankets is predicated by AS2444
Maintenance of these portable equipment items is controlled by AS1851